Fixed - Term and Casual Children’s Services Register
The Fixed - Term and Casual Children’s Services Register has been established to allow interested individuals with a minimum of Certificate III in Childcare to express their interest in being considered for casual or fixed term Childcare opportunities which may become available at Waratah-Wynyard Council.
The Fixed - Term and Casual Register will be refreshed annually and the closing dates for the Register are listed on each vacancy. Existing registrations will expire on the closing date and you will need to reapply if you wish to be considered in the next twelve month period.
NOTE: There is no guarantee of work once you have successfully registered. Council will access the register and may contact you for an interview if an opportunity arises that fits with your skills, knowledge, experience and availability.
Registering for casual employment does not mean you will automatically be considered for other advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for any advertised vacancies, you must apply directly for the relevant vacancy through the website.
The Casual Registers are only open to people who are Australian Residents or who hold a valid working visa.
Children’s Services position objectives are outlined in the position descriptions and responsibilities are:
- To maintain the philosophy of the centre, ensuring that quality care, aimed at meeting the needs of the children is provided at all times.
- Promote a positive working relationship with colleagues, parents, children, the Manager and the public.
- To recognise and accept that human relationships are crucial to the development of children. Positive interaction with parents and other significant adults in their lives enhances children’s development.
The hourly rate of pay is dependent on the skill level required, and is outlined in the Waratah-Wynyard Council Enterprise Agreement.
How to register your interest:
To register your interest in either a Casual or Fixed Term Children’s Services Educator with Council, please complete the online application form below.
For your application to be complete, Waratah-Wynyard Council requires that you follow the steps below:
1. Complete the on-line application form (below)
2. Attach a statement of your suitability against each of the selection criteria (within the application form)
3. Attach your resume/curriculum vitae (CV). Please note: It is essential that your resume has up to three (3) nominated professional referees, it is recommended that at least one of these be your most recent direct supervisor.
By providing this information you are giving your consent for these referees to be contacted in regard to the selection process, where appropriate. Additional referees may be contacted with the applicant's consent.
Register closes Saturday, 31 December 2017.